1. Brescia staff in the International Office and Student Life will continue to monitor and support our international students throughout their transition in the Fall and Winter terms.
Brescia’s International Program Coordinator is responsible for (a) one-on-one support as required to address individual issues and (b) building and supporting community through programing and peer support.
2. Brescia offers the Care Program, which is a robust early alert program that is shared across the entire Brescia community. Students struggling on campus can be identified and supported in the early stages of exhibiting concerning behaviour through an online reporting tool and triage system. Through Brescia’s Student Wellness Educator, proactive intervention is provided.
3. For students living on campus, Brescia’s residence rooms are all single occupancy with each person sharing a washroom with only one other student. Additionally, a plan for students moving into residence has been created and shared with students which outlines their designated cafeteria times, mask requirements, and guest policies. Residence staff and advisors ensure all students are complying with federally and provincially mandated regulations.
4. Brescia remains connected and informed through its affiliation with Western University and updates from its local health unit. Western University has medical and professional staff in place to provide the affiliate campuses with advice and/or additional support where needed. COVID-19 testing is available through Western’s Health Services, and a mobile testing unit has been created to address any outbreaks in student spaces, including residence.
5. All students are encouraged to download the Canada COVID Alert mobile app available in Ontario to facilitate contact tracing. On campus, students are required to declare attendance and health attestation on a daily basis through the WesternU mobile app (available on Apple Store or Google Play). All faculty teaching on-campus courses will take attendance.
6. Brescia has a comprehensive plan to support any outbreaks within its residence system, mitigating spread and supporting student needs. This plan has been shared with the Middlesex London Health Unit.