As an international student, you’ve longed for an MBA program in Canada. This is your year to make it happen – with the Pre-MBA Pathway at UNBC including both English language and business courses.
Take the Pre-MBA Pathway online, then jump into your MBA program at UNBC in beautiful Prince George, BC next year!
Begin your Pre-MBA Pathway online! Apply now.
This one-year Pre-MBA Pathway Program covers the fundamental business studies, university skills and English language skills you need to succeed on your path to an MBA degree program at UNBC. It’s offered virtually by UNBC in partnership with CultureWorks, so you can complete your courses from the comfort of your home.
Pre-MBA Pathway Program Outline
The Pre-MBA Pathway Program includes English language courses followed by commerce courses. Once you successfully complete the required MBA Pathway curriculum, including ESL and 3 Pre-MBA business courses, you will be accepted into UNBC’s MBA program.
The number of weeks of English language studies you will be required to take depends on your current English proficiency.
There are 8 to 32 total weeks of Foundations of English Language Studies dependent on your level. Check here for a detailed breakdown of level placements. (https://cultureworkstheschool.com/pre-mba-program/)
Online Foundation of English Language Start Dates (Dependent on your Level):
- IELTS 5.0 September 3, 2021
- IELTS 5.5 October 29, 2021
- IELTS 6.0 January 3, 2022
- IELTS 6.0 (no band <6.0) February 25, 2022
3 Online Commerce Courses – May – June, 2022
- COMM 100 – Introduction to Canadian Business (May – June)
- COMM 200 – Business Communications (May – June)
- COMM 210 – Financial Accounting (June)
The online Foundations of English Language Studies include:
- 4 modules per level – Academic Reading, Writing and Communication Skills
- Live classes in real-time (synchronous) in your time zone
- An award-winning EAP program taught by fully accredited teachers at CultureWorks ESL
- Engaging, high-impact learning experiences
Discover UNBC – One of Canada’s best small universities
Your MBA Program Highlights:
- UNBC is nestled in Prince George in beautiful British Columbia
- Campus is within a short one-hour flight to Vancouver
- UNBC is ranked in the top 5% universities in the works, and top 5 within Canada for 15 years
- Affordable MBA program: MBA tuition of $8,500 CAD per semester, with an average of 40% lower cost of living compared to Vancouver
- Various language start dates dependent on current level of English
- Eligible students can apply for a 3-year work permit post-graduation
Your MBA program at UNBC will take you places – like the breathtaking beauty of Prince George, BC.
As the largest city in northern British Columbia, many consider Prince George as “the hub of northern B.C.” It is a modern city surrounded by beautiful wilderness.
While studying at UNBC, discover the irresistible beauty of Prince George, BC … a basecamp for the adventurer. This urban centre is surrounded by ancient landscapes, iconic wildlife, and the world’s only inland temperate rainforest.